Star-Shift has been updated to version 0.14. This update adds many fixes to the core gameplay of the game as well as aims to clean up the early gameplay and story.
Android and iOS version coming soon, but the performance of the game is not satisfactory at this time on those platforms (weird lag, scenes don’t transition correctly, etc.)
- Fixed Game Icon when playing and loading the game to custom instead of generic.
- Added dynamic “news casts” that change based on player actions in the game.
- Focused on making early in-game story-line more coherent and detailed.
- Added dynamic lighting.
- Re-balanced combat system. Regular attacks are weak, special attacks strong, quick to kill, quick to die is the goal, but we’re not there yet, better though.
- Quest Journal (Missions) now work for main quests/missions in game and some side-quests (not for all side-quests yet).
- Fixed various story-line contradictions.
- Added new armor, skills, implants and accessories
Notes when playing this demo:
- This is a pre-alpha demo, so there’s a lot that’s broken (like being able to walk through walls on certain maps, combat not totally balanced, etc.).
- Tactical battle system crashes if enemies attack, so for now they are not able to attack, you can get basic feel for the system though.